1. Fill in the blank: To lose weight, you ______ eat less or exercise more.
A: would B: will C: shouldn’t D: shall E: have to
2. Fill in the blank: The doctor said she ______ take aspirin and drink lots of water.
A: has got to B: will C: necessary D: have to E: may
3. Fill in the blank: If he doesn’t like it, he ______ go to hell!
A: ought B: have to C: does D: can E: would
4. Fill in the blank: To improve your health, you ______ exercise or quit smoking.
A: will B: may C: could D: are able to E: would
5. Fill in the blank: You ______ shout! I’m not deaf.
A: will B: don’t C: won’t D: can’t E: needn’t
6. Fill in the blank: If she wants to catch the train, she ______ hurry up!
A: was B: should have C: had better D: is E: would
7. Fill in the blank: He really ______ quit smoking if he wants to live long.
A: got to B: ought C: to need D: may E: should
8. Fill in the blank: They really ______ change the oil in this truck; it’s black as pitch.
A: can B: would C: ought to D: shouldn’t E: have better
9. Fill in the blank: You ______ not shout, you ______ not cry, you ______ not pout; I’m tellin’ you why: Santa Claus is comin’ to town.
A: should have B: could C: would D: better E: have
10. Fill in the blank: If you’re worried about your health, you _____ try getting some more rest.
A: will B: have C: should have D: would E: might