1. Choose the CORRECT RESPONSE: Have you seen the newspaper yet?
A: Yes, I did. B: Yes, I read it this morning. C: Yes, I have looked at it five minutes ago. D: Yes, I have to see it. E: Yes, I has.
2. Which is NOT CORRECT?
A: You’ve got to buy your tickets before you go into the theater. B: You’ve got to be joking! C: Mario usually must drink coffee in the morning. D: You must be crazy! E: You have to swear loyalty to the country when you become the president.
3. Fill in the blank: The doctor said she ______ take aspirin and drink lots of water.
A: has got to B: will C: necessary D: have to E: may
4. Fill in the blank: When we got to the border, we ______ show our passports.
A: should B: have C: must D: must have E: had to
5. Fill in the blank: When I was in school, we ______ study Ancient Latin.
A: mustn’t have B: hadn’t C: hadn’t got to D: didn’t have to E: mustn’t
6. Fill in the blank: Peter ______ take three exams before he graduates.
A: have to B: would C: has got to D: can E: had got to
7. Fill in the blank: Eric ______ drive around for three hours before he found a parking place.
A: must have B: had got to C: must D: has to E: had to
8. Fill in the blank: To get to Brooklyn from Manhattan, you ______ take the A-Train.
A: would B: are able to C: will D: can E: ought
9. Fill in the blank: If you want help on your English homework, you ______ ask Uncle Tom.
A: are able to B: can C: will D: got to E: would