1. Fill in the blank: Do you think the fruit will ______ until next weekend?
A: to last B: keep C: spoil D: keeping E: conserve
2. Fill in the blank: If you drink a lot of beer, ______.
A: the beer companies would have been happy B: you drink a lot C: you would get fat D: you must to be English E: you become yourself drunk
3. Fill in the blank: If Karl is interested in becoming a pilot, he ______ talk to Mr. Malinowski who was in the air force.
A: is able to B: will C: shall D: would E: might
4. Fill in the blank: If Ms. Suwan knew she was going to be late, she ______ called me.
A: might have B: will C: could D: should E: couldve
5. Which is CORRECT?
A: Tomorrow we may to be going to the beach. B: If Anna gets to the school before eight, she won’t able to get in because they open at eight. C: In China you may have to have an international driver’s license. D: I can’t believe it; Sumiko would never has done such a thing! E: No, don’t call them. At this time they would be sleeping.
6. Choose the CORRECT RESPONSE: Shall we go?
A: Yes, it’s late. The others will must come by themselves. B: Yes, it’s nine o’clock; the post office should be open by now. C: Not still– it’s too early. D: Let wait another half hour. E: If we leave now, we should to get back by nine.
7. Fill in the blank: He really ______ quit smoking if he wants to live long.
A: got to B: ought C: to need D: may E: should
8. Fill in the blank: They really ______ change the oil in this truck; it’s black as pitch.
A: can B: would C: ought to D: shouldn’t E: have better
9. Fill in the blank: You ______ not shout, you ______ not cry, you ______ not pout; I’m tellin’ you why: Santa Claus is comin’ to town.
A: should have B: could C: would D: better E: have
10. Fill in the blank: If you’re worried about your health, you _____ try getting some more rest.
A: will B: have C: should have D: would E: might