1. Fill in the blank: ______ Sumiko hates chocolate, she loves sugar.
A: But B: Or C: Although D: And E: So
2. Fill in the blank: He was invited ______ he did not come.
A: if B: when C: or D: but E: while
3. Fill in the blank: They’re tired ______ they worked for ten hours.
A: because B: however C: or D: when E: except
4. Fill in the blank: She dictates ______ I type.
A: while B: for C: during D: or E: although
5. Fill in the blank: We get good grades ______ we study.
A: but B: except C: or D: during E: because
6. Fill in the blank: All the leaves are brown ______ the sky is grey.
A: or B: either C: and D: finally E: before
7. Fill in the blank: Everybody’s talking at me ______ I can’t hear a word they’re saying.
A: either B: if C: or D: but E: then
8. Fill in the blank: “America: love it ______ leave it.”
A: except B: but C: so that D: or E: when
9. Fill in the blank: The recession has caused a $1.00 drop in share prices, ______ 45 percent.
A: whereas B: or C: but D: so E: if
10. Fill in the blank: You won’t ______ you don’t practice.
A: to get better because B: get any better if C: getting better if D: better since E: improve but